Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bully: Scholarship Edition (Xbox 360)

(pic courtesy of ign.com)

I will admit it: I'm a huge fan of Rockstar Games. So, when I defeated Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto IV, I decided to buy Bully: Scholarship Edition to check it out. Well, I had to buy it from Amazon, because it was too old and unpopular to appear at any of the local GameStops or the three retro gaming stores in town (more about that later). I paid $15 for it (that's including shipping), which isn't too bad when you consider that I got it new.

One could scoff at this game and say that "it's just grand theft auto in a private school area", but i think it's deeper than that. You play as Jimmy Hopkins, your basic short, stocky kid who can't make it anywhere he goes - and the game is very deep, but there's a lot of fluff. I've been trying to fly through this game and there are some cool side games like actually going to class (they're all mini-games like "press the button when commanded to" and unscramble the word, or to solve very quick math problems. Nothing you'll need a PhD for, but it's not tough. Doesn't seem to have anything to add to the main storyline, for the most part.

The storyline seems to be fairly second place - like "who cares?!" about it. Most of them are routine missions or races - nothing that's too out of the ordinary. The only big problem I have with this game is the graphics - they're not good for Xbox 360 standards. The whole time I felt I was playing a PS2 game on my 360, "go there, take this, bring it back", etc. On the whole, Bully was okay - but there's a reason it's scarce and no one talks about it. It really added nothing to the major time line of gaming.

Final Score: 33 Fart Bombs out of 52.

No comments:

Post a Comment