Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sports Talk Baseball

Normally, in the dead of winter, I don't ever really think about baseball at all. It happens to so much be that "cabin fever" part of winter, so I threw this one in my Nomad today. If you can find a more enjoyable baseball game for the Genesis, than so help me god show it to me. I think this game is something else, yes I know that it is not graphically stunning in any means, World Series Baseball is a much better choice if you care about graphics. This game has all of the basic options which include exhibition game, all-star game and pennant race and has excellent game play that is not that challenging. It doesn't have all those simulations and stats that a lot of baseball purists want, but I just love playing through entire 162 game seasons. The PA announcer on this game is very funny and actually very accurate. He doesn't get in the way at all, like he does in the Sports Talk football series, and it is fun to mess around with him when there is no one on base. This is a great choice, and for the literally nothing that sports games for Genesis are going for these days, you should pick this one up.

Check out my review from Sega-16: http://www.sega-16.com/review_page.php?id=808&title=Sports%20Talk%20Baseball

Final Score: 9 "Infield In, Infield Out"s out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment